Kitulgala Water Rafting
2 Hour drive from Colombo-Nuwara Eliya road, Kitulgala is a Rain Forest patch which attracts many resident and foreign tourists for its natural beauty. The Academy Awad-winning movie The Bridge on the River Kwai was filmed on the Kelani River near Kitulgala, although nothing remains now except the concrete foundations for the bridge Kitulgala is the base for white-water rafting in Sri Lanka but there are myriad of leisure and adventure activities that can be done in Kutulgala.
Following things to do if you are planning a trip to Kitulgala,
- White Water Rafting in Kelani River
- Flat Water Rafting for Kids in river branches in Kitulgala
- Jungle walks to see beautiful rivers and waterfalls
- Mountain biking on the roads or in the forest
- River bathing in the shallow branches of the main river in Kitulgala
- Visit pre historic Belilena caves in which the 12,000 year old skeletal remains of the prehistoric ‘Balangoda man’ (Homesepiens Balangodensis) have been found
- Visit to remote Waterfalls and streams
- Waterfall Jumps and Waterfall Abseiling
- Bird Watching
- River expeditions
Sri Lankan Rice and curry for lunch and Curd with honey must is highly recommended to experience the local food flavors.
Private AC van transportation also available upon request.
Booking requirements: Prior reservation required at least 24 hours in advance. Please send an email or call us to make your booking.
Required booking details: Your name, contact number, preferred date and time of arrival, departure and pick up, drop off locations.
To make your bookings, call 0772050488 or email your details
Send your request bellow:
Please enter your contact details and a short message below and I will try to answer your query as soon as possible.